If you're longing to travel but short on cash, start your journey at your computer with our Budget Travel Web Guide. The Internet is brimming with budget travel deals if you know where to look. In this Guide, we'll show you where to find travel tips and last-minute travel ideas that are sure to save you money. Our Budget Travel Web Guide offers resources for cheap airfares, hotels and hostels, tours, backpacking advice and plenty of tips and tricks for sticking to your budget.
A variety of Web sites featuring cheap airfare and hotels exist, though some are better than ... read more »
Waiting until the last minute is not always the best way to get budget prices, there are still ... read more »
Hostels are perfect accommodations for budget-minded travelers, typically providing dormitory-style ... read more »
You're young, you're looking for fun, and you want to see the world on a student's budget. Lucky for you, students and those under 25 have a wealth of resources available for them on the Internet. Whether you want to go backpacking, take a tour, ride trains, or rent a car, you can find all the information you need on the Web.
- Most airlines have a limited number of seats reserved for passengers booking student airfares, so book early if you can.
- If you're going to travel during peak student travel seasons (spring and winter breaks), book early as well.
- The legal age to rent a car in most countries is 21.
- The student discount cards from places like STA Travel are useful, although not as widely accepted as they were in years past. Still, if you want to do lots of touristy stuff like museums, they're usually worthwhile.
- Look into staying in hostels-they're cheap and fun. You can find out more in the "What is a hostel and how can I book one?" section of this guide.
Organized tours help you see the world with the convenience of having attractions, hotels, and ... read more »
Backpacking is the do-it-yourself way to see the world, from packing your belongings in a backpack ... read more »