If you're longing to travel but short on cash, start your journey at your computer with our Budget Travel Web Guide. The Internet is brimming with budget travel deals if you know where to look. In this Guide, we'll show you where to find travel tips and last-minute travel ideas that are sure to save you money. Our Budget Travel Web Guide offers resources for cheap airfares, hotels and hostels, tours, backpacking advice and plenty of tips and tricks for sticking to your budget.
A variety of Web sites featuring cheap airfare and hotels exist, though some are better than ... read more »
Waiting until the last minute is not always the best way to get budget prices, there are still ... read more »
Hostels are perfect accommodations for budget-minded travelers, typically providing dormitory-style rooms that are shared by several people at once. You'll pay much less than you would for a private room at a hotel, and if you're lucky, you can sometimes even get a private hostel room. Widely used by younger travelers and backpackers, especially those traveling alone, hostels are known for having fun, social environments. Online, you'll find numerous sites to help you book your hostel reservation ahead of time.
- If you're traveling during the summer months, be sure to book your hostel early. Many of the better ones tend to fill up.
- Take part in the social activities offered. It's a great way to meet people and make lifelong friendships.
- Don't be nervous about staying in a hostel if you're not under 30. Hostels are very welcoming, social environments.
- Some hostels require you to bring your own bedding; check before you go.
- Most hostels offer computers with Internet connections for their guests in the lobby or a computer room.
You're young, you're looking for fun, and you want to see the world on a student's budget. Lucky ... read more »
Organized tours help you see the world with the convenience of having attractions, hotels, and ... read more »
Backpacking is the do-it-yourself way to see the world, from packing your belongings in a backpack ... read more »