There is a type of swimming for everyone: from recreational laps to competitive swimming; from the calm of the public pool to the chaos of the open water. Whether you're an experienced swimmer looking for the most in-depth information on swimming techniques and swim news, or are a novice wanting to improve your stroke, the Web has a site for you.
The British-born sport of swimming became competitive in the mid-1800s and was part of the first ... read more »
Whether you're looking to swim competitively or just want some exercise, you'll need to find a ... read more »
Swimming is an international sport, with competitions held all over the world. Learn about these ... read more »
Once every four years, competitive swimming gains international attention during the Summer ... read more »
Whether you're looking for the latest in swimwear technology, or just want a regular bathing suit and goggles, these sites can help you find all types of swimwear and swimming gear.
- Many retailers listed here offer free shipping for orders costlier than $75-a suit, cap, and goggles will usually get you there. Most places offer 30- to 60-day return policies on unworn suits.
- Most online retailers offer a "Grab bag," which contains older models of swimwear at a steeply discounted price. You are able to choose your size and product type, but not the manufacturers, models, or colors. Grab bags are a good option for recreational swimmers or competitive swimmers looking for extra training gear.
- For user-submitted product reviews, look under the product descriptions at SwimOutlet and TriSports.
- Many of the larger manufacturers have their own sites, including Speedo, TYR, and Nike.
- Many of these sites also cater to divers, water polo players, and lifeguards.
, founded by Olympic Gold Medalist Adolph Kiefer, has a large collection of suits and accessories from its own brand, as well as name brands. Its wide selection accommodates the needs of competitive and recreational swimmers alike. It also features daily discounts and a decently sized sale section.
has a large selection of equipment for men, women, and children, and a smaller selection of "championship swimwear" featuring high-end gear from Speedo, TYR, and Nike. It is also possible for teams to register with Kast-a-Way and receive discounted merchandise for all team members.
, the shop of ClubSwim, is full of discounts and product reviews. It features a diverse selection, including plus-sizes and the "Borat" style thong. Orders over $75 are shipped free.
Swim to Win
has a good selection of men's and women's suits, including maternity suits. Users can register for a "Discount Club" newsletter to receive marked-down gear.
offers its Monofin training device, as well as lesser-known brands at low prices. It has a large selection of training equipment and aquatic electronics. Its community tab, with a blog and FAQs, help give you the information to make informed choices.
Lane 4 Swim
offers its signature goggles and a large selection of both name and lesser-known brands.
has a decent selection and great prices on men's and women's gear. Free shipping is available on orders over $60.
Whether you're a recreational or competitive swimmer, it's important to learn proper swimming ... read more »
Most Recent Guides