Selling a Home
Selling your home is a busy time (and on top of it all, you’re also planning a move). But ... read more »
It can be hard to tell whether now is a good time to sell your home or if you should wait for ... read more »
Selling a home isn’t easy and it involves a lot of paperwork no matter how you go about it. ... read more »
Selling a home requires a lot of paperwork and will likely have important tax consequences as well. ... read more »
One of your best bets to selling your home quickly is to clean up as much as possible and complete ... read more »
Despite your best efforts, your home might not sell quickly, and it may be due to matters within or ... read more »
For those whose financial circumstances may necessitate the quick sale of their home, it’s especially important to take a step back and make sure you understand the home selling process as well as possible. Before you jump into anything, however, read through these Web sites, which can help you determine whether you might be able to keep your home after all.
- Although the Web is a good starting point to get a basic understanding of your options, you should always consult your lender or other financial professional when making a decision about whether it is possible to keep your home.
- Be very cautious of any financial counselors you choose, as there’s an endless supply of scammers looking to prey on people who are in financial trouble and want a “quick fix” to their problems. Check with the Better Business Bureau to see if a particular counseling agency is reputable, and be wary of any firms that contact you unsolicited, especially via e-mail.
- Government Web sites (indicated by a “.gov” in the URL) are among the most reputable sources of housing and financial information you’ll find on the Web.
- Much like when you choose a real estate agent, you should be selective about any companies that offer you a quick sale of your home. Immediate cash offers are often very low.
- For more information about what mortgages are and how they work, see our findingDulcinea Mortgage Web Guide.