Middle School English
Educators: Sign up for our education newsletter.
More than just a reading and grammar class, middle school English prepares students for the challenges of high school and beyond, including writing assignments and research projects. The student resources for middle school English, below, can help you strengthen these skills and offer extra practice.
- Research is a big part of language arts classes in middle school and beyond, and there are a million Internet tools to help you along the way. Just make sure to double-check anything you find online with a source you know and trust.
- Middle school English classes provide valuable research skills that will be helpful in a variety of subjects in high school and college. There are several sites that offer step-by-step instruction on doing research or studying, regardless of the subject: CRLS Research Guide and How to Study are two good ones.
Middle school English teachers have an endless supply of resource and community sites to choose from. This section highlights the best sites for lesson plans, worksheets and other help addressing the reading, grammar and research needs of middle school students.
- The “Student Resources for Middle School English” section of this Web guide has several more sites offering games and activities that can be incorporated into language arts lessons.
- Our Teaching Resources Web Guide provides advice, suggestions and more general information to help get the most out of your classroom setting.
Make sure your child's education doesn't end when class is dismissed. Parent resources for middle school English are available online, and can help you help your kids.
- Visit the directory of Department of Education Web sites available for all 50 states at the Developing Educational Standards Web site to find the english language arts standards for your state.
- For ideas on how to find activities and additional practice for your child, visit the “Student Resources for Middle School English” section of this Web guide.