Car Restoration: Make that Vintage or Classic Car Shine
Before you begin, ask yourself this essential question: is it worth it? In other words, you need to determine whether restoring a car is something you are truly passionate about. Car restoration is a huge commitment that demands a lot of money and time. Review the sites in this section for a better idea of what to expect. You’ll find a general overview of the process through articles, blogs, and car restoration magazines.
- Restoring cars is often synonymous with collecting cars. To get a wider perspective on the dual hobbies of restoring and collecting cars, take a look at the findingDulcinea Collecting Cars Guide.
- Most car restoration sites cover the same basics. As a result, many of the links in this section overlap with links from the next section in terms of content. In general though, the information found on these sites is shorter and less detailed. While this section helps you decide if you want to restore a car, the next section will walk you through the process.
- Car magazines are a great resource when it comes to restoring cars, and you can probably find a restoration article if you check their archives online. World-newspapers.com lists many popular car magazines. Browse through to see if any provide worthwhile content for your specific restoration endeavor.
- If you know what car you want to restore, there are many magazines specializing in specific types of cars, like Vette for Corvettes, or VW Trends for Volkswagens. Check these brand-specific magazines first for the most applicable advice on the type of car you have.
- Don’t hesitate to be in touch with other people who share your passion for car restoration. Find out if any of your friends and neighbors have restored cars to see what you can learn from them. Or visit the blogs and forums recommended in this guide. On them, you can ask questions or post updates as your project unfolds, and then submit photos of your restored car.
So you’ve decided you want to restore a car. What do you do now? The sites below will hold ... read more »